Friday, November 30, 2012

15 September, 1066

My name is Nikephoros Melissenos, Doux of Athens and ruler of Atheniai. I am starting this diary to create collection of my deeds so that the world may judge my actions to be just when I have left it. I am considered to be good with money, despite my mediocre education in the subject. I am also known to be patient, humble, and trusting.


I am married to Eudokia Komnenos, who is a humble woman but she sees conspiracies everywhere and is well versed in court intrigue. Ours was a political marriage (she is the daughter of Ioannes Komenenos,  the Doux of Armeniacon and the sister of Isaakios and Alexios Komenenos, the Doukes of Antioch and Paphlagonia, respectively). But even though she is just 16 years old, she is very enthusiastic about the unique benefits of marriage.
 

Given the fact that she is enthusiastic and I do not have heirs to take over my lands when I am gone, my goal in life is to have a son. We shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment